Tuesday, January 10, 2023


Hello!  The above is a picture of your child's "My State Notebook" workbook .  This post is lengthy, but has important information.  

**I am keeping the workbooks here for safety. :)  Once it is complete, they will put them into a binder, which I will provide.  

**The plan for this project is for us to begin a task at school, and finish it at home.  

**Please notice the maps below.  These are the maps they were to finish this week for homework.  You can use them to help study for future quizzes.  Please note that I realize my maps are not to scale.😃

**Their first quiz will be Tuesday the 17th.  It will be over these 2 maps and the facts they write into their history notebooks.    For example:  State animals are the black bear, cardinal, and rainbow trout.  

**Ask them to show you their notebooks, starting Thursday.  I am encouraging them to bring them home each night.  

**The main thing the children need for you to help them with is finding pictures and information.  I have a collection of West Virginia travel brochures and things I have collected that they will be able to use.  I also have all the facts and content they will learn, BUT, you will need to help them collect, create, and print several things at home.  Travel brochures are great and can be found all over town at stores and gas stations.  Feel free to print things off the internet. Please send it to school so we can work in the workbooks.  

**Please do not become overwhelmed with this.  It should be a fun learning project! Let them draw and create! They are a very creative group! I love seeing all the things they come up with! 

**Here is a list of pictures that they will need to complete their workbook: 

State flag and symbols, wildlife, scenery, landmarks, famous people, industry, plant life, educational institutions, natural resources, government buildings, and/or anything about our state that you come across that would enhance their learning.             

**I will announce the specific due date later. 

** It will be our History content for about the next 4 weeks.  

**I will post every few days showing our progress and things they need.  

Thank you all so much for allowing me to spend my days with your children!  They are great, and they are accomplishing so much! 

💖 Mrs. Trescott



No comments:

Post a Comment

  Here is the work packet to be completed on Friday.  All assignments are required and are due on Monday.   Students will now be rewarded fo...